Friday, November 20, 2009

Fashion is Cyclical ... So Is My Weight Loss

My fiance and I decided it was time we started making an effort to eat healthier. We've got the wedding coming up in October of next year, and we both want to feel and look great.

I know what has worked for me in the past (portion control, lots of veggies and no late night snacking). It took me about a month and a half to lose the weight I wanted (15lbs) .

A little over a year ago I went through a similar scenario, however, I think I used NutriSystem to shed the weight. This time around, I am preparing all of my own meals. It's worked out really well, and I still get to eat the super yummy stuff--just in moderation now.

My goal is 174lbs (which I met this past Sunday after sweating out the weight from a soccer game -- probably water weight is why I'm currently 176), and as long as I keep it within two pounds of this goal weight for the rest of the year, I will be happy. I'm still planning t0 hit the gym soon and get in a routine of strengthening my core like I did two years ago. Pretty sure Heather (fiance) wouldn't mind some six pack abs to run her hands over on our honeymoon. :)

No comments: